Chocolate & Hazelnut Brownies
What we say
The recipe makes 16 smaller or 9 huge brownies – everyone loves a good brownie!
- 200g butter
- 150g dark chocolate (75% cocoa solids), broken
- 3 scoops (75g) Chocolate Muscle Mousse
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, free-range
- 150g sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml milk
- 100g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan/190°C conventional/Gas 5. Line a 25cm x25cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate on medium power in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of hot water, then stir and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and Chocolate Muscle Mousse in a large bowl and stir in ¾ of the nuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract for a minute or two, then stir in the milk. Gradually stir this into the melted butter and chocolate and combine well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined, make sure there are no lumps. Pour into the tin and smooth over the top if necessary, then sprinkle over the remaining nuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack (the middle may still look a bit undercooked but it will set a little whilst cooling to remain slightly fudgy in the middle). Cut into 16 squares. If you’re feeling really hungry, cut into 9 very big squares!